Tuesday, March 8, 2011

At the movies

Got to go to a movie premiere last night for one of our books--KILL THE IRISHMAN opens on Friday.  It's about a Danny Green, a Cleveland dockworker in the '70s who becomes an organized crime leader and destabilizes the Italian mafia's position so much that the Feds are able to take them down. Not normally my kind of movie, but this was pretty good! Lots of satisfying explosions (the Irishman was a car bomber), excellent period cars and costumes, and stars like Christopher Walken, Vincent D'Onofrio and Ray Stevenson.

After the movie we went to the afterparty, where all three of the above stars, plus "Big Pussy" from the Sopranos and an assortment of "Hey It's That Guy" actors who all looked familiar, were there.  I played it cool standing there with my publisher, but part of me wished I could ask for autographs! Sigh...still more nerd than New Yorker at heart, I guess.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

:-o I didn't get to come?!?!?!

*sobs*

Unknown said...

I have a soft spot for Vincent D'Onofrio, thought I hear he's kinda crazy. And one of the old ladies in our neighborhood told me that Christopher Walken's parents used to own a bakery where the Japanese convenience store is on Broadway! So, you know ... conversation starter?